Why Work For Ballymascanlon House Hotel
Welcome to Ballymascanlon Hotel. Set in 130 acres of beautiful parkland, this impressive Victorian House forms the heart of this Hotel. Steeped in history, Ballymascanlon estate dates from 833 ad. when it was the seat of the Scanlons of Oriel, Co. Louth.
Family run with pride and dedication, there is a genuine interest in ensuring every guest is made to feel at home in an informal and luxurious setting giving them a taste of an era gone by.
We know that the hospitality business is all about people and that this includes both the experience of our guests and the experience of our team. The hotel prides itself on its retention of an experienced and skilled team. All employees have an opportunity for further training and further hospitality career development. We offer flexible working hours to our team members.
· on arrival and at all times in a warm, welcoming and friendly manner.
· To check-in/out guests confirming all details are correct.
· To complete daily checklists for each shift.
· Perform duties according to hotel policies, procedures and standards.
· Be knowledgeable about daily hotel Operations.
· Be knowledgeable about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
· To take reservations and respond to guest enquiries (via telephone/email/in person) in a timely manner.
· To answer switchboard in a warm and welcoming manner
· Dealing with any guest requests/queries in a polite and attentive manner & reporting any problems to the Front Office/Duty Manager.
· To anticipate guest’s needs and ensure that service is provided to the level they require and beyond their expectations.
· Balancing of reception cash at end of each shift.
· Comply with all hotel policies e.g. Cash Handling and Billing/Credit Policies
· To ensure that all charges are posted correctly onto room bills.
· Identifying sales opportunities.
· Ensuring meetings are booked when applicable and confirmation email is attached to booking.
· To provide accurate information about local attractions and services.
· Liaise with necessary staff including housekeeping and maintenance to address any problems or complaints made by guests.
· Administration Duties/ carry out all other reasonable management requests.
· Ensuring the reception area is kept neat and tidy at all times.
Maintain a professional image at all times
THIS ROLE WILL COMMENCE ON THE REOPENING OF THE HOTEL
Ballymascanlon Hotel is an equal opportunities employer.
we do not require assistance from any recruitment agencies at this time – thank you.