Welcome to our Luxurious family run Ballymascanlon Hotel, situated on the Carlingford Road, just outside Dundalk in County Louth. “Ballymac” is located halfway between Dublin and Belfast, close to Carlingford Lough and the stunning Mountains of Mourne.
Set in 130 acres of beautiful parkland, this impressive Victorian House forms the heart of this Hotel and offers without question the best four star accommodation in Louth
Ballymascanlon Hotel has been awarded 4 stars and has the following facilities:
- A fully equipped Leisure Centre where the abundance of natural light ensures that swimming in our 20m deck-level pool is a truly enjoyable experience. Indulge yourself in the relaxing Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room or take a dip in the outdoor hot tub. Our extensive gym has a full range of the very latest fitness equipment.
- The hotel has 90 spacious and elegant bedrooms with attentive room service on hand to ensure maximum comfort for our guests.
- For those who prefer the pleasures of golf, our 18 hole Parkland golf Course, designed by the internationally renowned Craddock & Ruddy should more than please.
- With a long tradition of hosting weddings Ballymascanlon House Hotel is the perfect venue for your big day and has the reputation of being the premier wedding venue of the North East.
- Enjoy dining in the unobtrusive courtesy and quiet comfort of our elegant Dining Room, or enjoy an extensive Bar menu available daily in the Bar at Ballymac.
- Ballymascanlon House Hotel is the ideal venue to host a conference, entertain clients or host an event. Our corporate facilities include three versatile meeting rooms, suitable for a wide variety of purposes. We also have 4 dedicated meeting rooms available.
For the children there is plenty to do in the nearby vicinity, Carlingford Adventure Centre is a mere 10 minutes from Ballmascanlon, Ravensdale Equestrian centre also a few minutes drive from us. Funtasia Waterpark is approx half and hours drive with Tayto park in County Meath less than an hour travel distance.
One of the many treasures to be found on the grounds of Ballymascanlon Hotel is the 4,000 year old Proleek Stone, which never fails to amaze visitors. Scholars and scientist alike are still puzzled as to how the ancient inhabitants manage to raise a forty-six ton capstone on such seemly fragile supports.
Ballymascanlon House Hotel is a great location from where to explore the abundance of Things to see and Do in “the wee County” of County Louth, examples are:
- The ancient town of Carlingford with the ruins of King John’s Castle and the Old Mint.
- Carlingford Lough where the Mountains of Mourne “sweep down to the sea”
- St. Brigid’s graveyard, where Robert Bruce of Scotland, killed in a nearby battle is buried.
- Dundalk and the seaside resort of Blackrock.
- The long Woman’s Grave, deep in the Cooley Mountains with views of Dundalk Bay and Co. Down.
In nearby County Meath, lies Newgrange, location of Bronze Age burial sites and the first Cistercian Monestary in Ireland. Also Clogherhead via the coast road returning by Termonfeckin and Drogheda, both steeped in history and containing many ancient monuments.
So when looking for luxury accommodation close to Dublin or Belfast but wish to be away for the bustle of a city centre location, then call and reserve a room at Ballymascanlon Hotel.